Foren-Übersicht

AlbumAlbum 
 FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 
BildanpassungBildanpassung

The Beat Lives On In Hamburg !!

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     Foren-Übersicht -> Gästebuch/guestbook
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Ron Sale
Offical CUX´66 correspondent GB

BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006 09:26:49    Titel: The Beat Lives On In Hamburg !! Antworten mit Zitat

Your website organiser Ralf Froehlich did a great job arranging tickets for me to see all the exhibits in Hamburg (3/6/2006)! It was to be a special occasion for me, my wife and a couple of friends of ours, and we were definitely not disappointed! In fact it was a big thrill! We had a wonderful time with Ralf and his wife Beatrix too.
The museum memorabilia brought back many great memories for me as an old rock and blues fan. I had played with my band in Hamburg in '65 and ''66 and many of the names I saw revived happy memories. The range and variety of things on show was tremendous and was well worth the visit. Crowds were busy buying and selling their treasured possessions at the fair, and Beatles tribute bands were playing throughout the day in a very large marquee. You could even have your photo taken by Astrid Kirchherr and talk to Cynthia Lennon!
The great day was completed by a super gig at the Downtown Blues Club during the evening, until after midnight. Lots of great rock and roll was heard by the lively audience (the place was full -including Liverpool fans), and everyone enjoyed the vibrant atmosphere. From my perspective meeting, listening to and seeing people like Roy Young, Kingsize Taylor, Howie Casey and Roy Dykes (ex-Remo 4) and having a picture taken with the legendary Lee Curtis (see Album), was a great privelege. They are all part of the 60s Hamburg Beat Scene and their music lives on! The museum exhibits are showing for several months so go and see them if you can.
Well done Hamburg!! It was a great show!! Thankyou Ralf.
Cheers
Ron

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     Foren-Übersicht -> Gästebuch/guestbook Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen