Foren-Übersicht

AlbumAlbum 
 FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 
BildanpassungBildanpassung

It`s great to see this website doing well!

Neues Thema eröffnen   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.     Foren-Übersicht -> Gästebuch/guestbook
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Rod Simmons
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: 11.04.2006 12:37:49    Titel: It`s great to see this website doing well! Antworten mit Zitat

Hi, my name is Rod Simmons, now a self-employed graphic designer working near Cambridge, England.
Two marriages and 4 daughters (2 adopted from China) later, I`m still playing guitar and teaching young kids the wonders of rock 'n' roll and a few chords!
Although you see me and Ron Sale celebrating Ron`s 60th birthday (see the picture in the Album section) we go back a long way together to the age of 5 years old, at school, and we have remained friends ever since. However, I first learned guitar when about 9 years old and early influences were Lonnie Donegan and the Shadows. We had a band at school which used to play mainly instrumentals after school lessons on Wednesdays, in an empty classroom. I then joined a local band (The Syndicate) as a semi-pro rhythm guitarist while Ron joined a separate band (The High Society) that eventually did a tour of Germany, including Cuxhaven. I took over lead guitar when our band changed names to Chuck & The Dyaks, playing rock and rhythm and blues. We supported lots of famous 60's bands including Joe Brown & His Bruvvers, Lulu, Screaming Lord Sutch, Small Faces, Manfred Mann, Jerry and The Pacemakers, Sandi Shaw, Emil Ford & The Checkmates. . . I could go on. A highlight for the band was to back Gene Vincent in 1964/65 with many gigs countrywide.The top gig was when we played in the Cavern Club in Liverpool with a live (interactive and synchronised even in those days) performance shown on French TV backing Gene and Petula Clark with Johnny Halliday and others performing in Paris.
I left the band in '65 to go to Art School. They toured Europe, I toured the art galleries!
I played in some other bands afterwards, including: The Tea Set (Blues) and Mixed Creed (Soul), but it never was quite the same as those early heady days of rock and roll and blues.
Recollections that still come to mind, despite advancing years, are travelling the M1 motorway, Jack's Hill Café (24 hour/We never close) on the A1 road near Stevenage where many bands stopped to eat greasy breakfasts and to see the sun come up. Lots of girls . . . some I lost my heart to. Gene Vincent in a corset and his girl carrying a crate of light ales (beers) for him at most gigs. Regrets: Only one, never seeing the Beatles performing live.

It`s great to see this website doing well!
All the Best to you Beat Fans of the 60's
Rod Simmons
Ron Sale
Offical CUX´66 correspondent GB

BeitragVerfasst am: 12.04.2006 09:11:58    Titel: Rod's Burns Guitar Antworten mit Zitat

Hello Guitarists.......
One big mistake I made when our band went back to England after our tour of Germany was to sell my guitar, amplifier and bass cabinets. I had a great sound with my Fender Precision bass (late 50's/early 60s make), Selmer amp (50watt) with jumbo 18" bass speaker cabinet plus two Fender Crying or Very sad cabinets with 2x12" bass speakers in each. The guitar alone would be worth around $5000 US.
Rod has kept his great sounding 60's Burns guitar since those early days and says he will never sell it! I wish I had done the same.
Cheers

Ron sale

Neues Thema eröffnen   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.     Foren-Übersicht -> Gästebuch/guestbook Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum nicht herunterladen